RosieMeter: 100% Full Bloom
Run time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
This movie was hilarious. Hands-down, it’s the funniest movie I’ve seen in a long time and Renee Zellweger proves she’s just as relevant now as she was 15 years ago.
This time, Bridget is in a love triangle between Mark (Colin Firth) and
McDreamy Jack (Patrick Dempsey) with a baby on the way. What I loved so much about this film was how the male characters were portrayed. Neither Mark nor Jack fall into the stereotype of the man-child who runs away from responsibility. Both men step up and present the best version of themselves to Bridget, both wanting to be the father. It was just lovely.
- A wonderful female protagonist: 20 pts.
- The film tells a woman’s story: 20 pts.
- The film is directed by Sharon Maguire and written by Emma Thompson and Helen Fielding (and Dan Mazer). There are four female producers: 20 pts.
- Quality of filmmaking: 20 pts.
- Passes the Bechdel/Wallace test: 20 pts.
Score: 100% Full Bloom